Tuesday, January 4, 2011

dinner ideas

Now that I'm spending a bit more time at home (understatement), I get to take care of the majority of the cooking during the week. Sometimes I'll make a dish(es) familiar to us that we have on a regular basis. Other times I try something new, whether it's an actual recipe or just something I concoct on my own.

Last night, I cut up the left-over pork roast from New Years dinner, along with some left-over ham in the freezer, and cooked it down for BBQ pork. Finding out too late that we had no BBQ sauce in the house, I substituted a jar of tequila lime salsa. Yuh-huh-hum-mmmy!

What is your favorite quick-fix dinner? Do you like to "experiment" in the kitchen?

2 comments:

ellenjane said...

I like bow tie lasagna (tasty kitchen blog...PW!!)
Pete and I are meal planning our weeks now to persuade us to not be sitting at home contemplating where to order from because we're overwhelmed with cooking.

Some ideas:
Homemade pizza

veggie pizza (rolled out crescent rolls, cream cheese/ranch spread and raw veggies piled on top)

shredded chicken in the crock pot
pot roast in the crock pot (just throw everything in in about 5 minutes and then go about your day)

and um, I can't remember any others :)

Mommyto3 said...

Pizza biscuits!

-Grands or generic brand biscuits rolled out on a floured surface until just about flat. Add favorite pizza sauce, and your toppings. Typically it only takes about 1/2 the time to cook, and boy o boy do they get devoured fast! I bake ours at 350 for about 7 minutes and it sometimes is a struggle to keep up once they come out of the oven!